Help Members Keep their Medi-Cal Coverage
The Annual Eligibility Redetermination (AER), also known as the Medi-Cal Renewal process, is currently underway across our state. This initiative is the biggest challenge facing the Medi-Cal program in its history.
Up to 400,000 IEHP Members could potentially lose their Medi-Cal coverage if they don't complete the necessary renewal paperwork on time.
The impact on Providers across the entire healthcare system will be significant, potentially resulting in:
- Increased use of the emergency department for primary care
- Decreased capacity of bed availability
- Delays in hospital discharges while awaiting coverage
- Increased length of stay for patients with delayed preventative or chronic care
- Increased cost of care
- Interruptions of ongoing care
However, with every challenge comes opportunities to help our collective health care mission and partnership grow even stronger.
IEHP takes this challenge seriously and we are committed to helping Members keep their Medi-Cal coverage and Providers keep their assigned Members without interruption.